Hi! My Name Is Judson. It’s Nice To Meet You!
“‘Judson?’ Interesting name. I have never heard that before!” Oh but you probably do know of a Judson. Until PSY came along with Gangnam Style, Judson Laipply’s Evolution of Dance was the most viewed video on YouTube, with over 297 million views! It is true that there are not a lot of Judson’s out there. But those of us who do exist tend to get into some pretty neat stuff. Maybe it is part of growing up with a unique name that we feel we have to always stand out from the crowd!
My Background Before My Story Began
I was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky, in the USA. My mom is from Ohio and my dad is from Louisiana. Growing up in the middle meant splitting holidays between the two destinations visiting the two sides of the family. Because of this, I grew up experiencing a fairly diverse social landscape of America. This became more complicated over time as my brother’s health deteriorated until his death in 1998. Shortly thereafter, my dad got a great job opportunity in Louisiana, and though I was already in high school (typically a terrible time to move a kid), I jumped at this chance to live in and experience a new place.
In Lexington, I had been an average kid. Sort of a little fish in a big pond. But in Alexandria, Louisiana, I sought to change my circumstances and become a big fish in that small pond. I became immediately involved with the community theater there, which was a whole new experience for em. I fell in love with community service and the arts. One fine summer when I was 16 years old, I was accepted into a youth leadership camp organized by the local Rotary Clubs, and it was there that the modern day story of Judson Moore truly began.
My Invitation To You
If you want to learn more about how those early experiences shaped my life and have brought me to a place to inspire others, then I invite you to stick around and read some more of my blog. A good starting point is to read more about how that camp taught me the secret to all of my life’s successes and the subsequent philosophies I have adopted regarding living ones’ “what if” and the importance of starting that journey at a young age.
I would be honored for you to subscribe to my newsletter via the form below. You can learn more of my professional experiences over at my resume. And last but not least, if you also have an inspirational or interesting story to tell, then why not be a guest author on this blog? Click here to learn more about that.
10 Interesting Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
- My first car was purple. It was was a 1995 Ford Mustang GT. And I loved it.
- I really love to go skydiving because I am terrified of heights.
- I am the album photographer for the last live recording of the White Stripes.
- I’ve played the drums since I was 11 years old and have performed in the majority of Las Vegas showrooms.
- I rewrote the American Red Cross Emergency Action Plan in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina, while I was still a college student.
- I was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky, but identify as Louisianan.
- I built my first website in 1994, when I was 11 years old.
- I have a brother named Lew. He was born with cerebral palsy, which left him severely disabled until he passed away at age 16.
- Both of my parents are ordained ordained Baptist pastors.
- I got my first job when I was 14. I delivered newspapers with my dad. Most mornings we had breakfast together with the jockeys at the Keeneland Horse Park.
Do you think what I have going on is interesting? Do you just need to vicariously live an adventure? Are you stalking me? If so, register here for updates! I post a few times a month and send out a newsletter not more than once in a month (usually much less frequently than that..)