About The Blog
JudsonLMoore.com is the personal blog of Judson Moore. It was started in the year 2000 as a way to share travel experiences with the close friends and family of Judson. Over the years, it has seen many iterations from professional portfolio to an advice column. Currently, the blog is a combination of several things.
- Travel Guides – these are posts from Judson’s travels across the world and what he has done there. In the beginning, these were written strictly in an autobiographical format but are now being rewritten and curated into travel guides which offer more of an overview of destinations, alongside recommendations of activities to pursue or to avoid.
- #WhileYoung – these are posts which offer advice, best practices, and other insights learned from the life experiences of the author. Some of these posts are written by guest authors.
- Uncategorized – There are over 200 published posts on JudsonLMoore.com but many might be difficult to find because their category is not directly linked from any of the menus. This includes publications of Judson’s college essays, even the blog’s most popular post, “The Raven In Native American Mythology.” Though these posts do not have a place front and center of the current Blog’s purpose, their presence on the sitemap does contribute to SEO and Google Search ranking, and so they remain.
From time to time, there might be a post or posts published by a guest author. In these cases, the author will be clearly identified in the header and footer of the post content. All guest authors agree to this site’s Disclosures. All content of a guest author is strictly their own unless other credit or reference is given within the post. Though guest authors do maintain 100% editorial control of their content, Judson Moore also has 100% discretion regarding publishing or removing such posts from the website. Comments on Guest Author posts are maintained via the global site commenting system, and therefore this content is considered the property of this site and of Judson Moore’s directly.
See the full list of Guest Authors here.
Are you a woman? If so, read the rest of this page, but also check out my call for guest author’s who can offer a woman’s perspective.
Why Be A Guest Author on JudsonLMoore.com?
A primary reason you might consider being a Guest Author on any site is exposure to a new audience. Publishing your original content on a space other than your own gives your words a fresh set of eyes to be seen by. Including links to your own blog or social media sites, affiliate links, and other content, is a great way to drive traffic to your own blog and to spread your presence around the internet.
Additionally, when a Guest Author publishes content on JudsonLMoore.com, those posts are shared to this blog’s audience via:
- Website Newsletter
- Facebook (Personal profile of Judson Moore as well as the #WhileYoung Facebook Page)
- Instagram (as appropriate)
Guest Authors are provided with analytical data of their post-performance and readership via Google Analytics.
What Is The Advantage To This Site For Having Guest Authors?
In the same way that this site can offer a Guest Author access to a new audience and drive traffic back to their own site(s), it is also expected that Guest Authors do promote their content via social and other marketing channels to drive traffic to their posts on this site. By having other voices contribute to the overarching theme of this Blog, particularly to the #WhileYoung column, a greater sense of creditability is developed for all Blog content.
I recommend first reaching out with your proposed title or topic. Once I give the green light, then proceed with your article. You can send me your ideas at email@example.com.
For an article to be accepted, it must meet the following guidelines:
- Relevancy to Niche: It MUST tie in to travel, career, or life advice about living your dreams and succeeding in your goals. This can cover a wide range of topics, so if you are not sure where to start, please just reach out to me and we can discuss.
- Linking Policy: I encourage you to include links in the copy of your post. Here are the types of links you should include, and the limits of how many links will be accepted. This can be flexible depending on the type of post. For example, a list post with a long list of resources should have many more links than this, but this is a good starting point to aim for:
- 2 links to your own blog or content
- 2 links to other content on this blog
- 1 link to 3rd party source
- Editing: I do not sensor your words or wish to guide your thoughts, however, I reserve the right to do some light editing of any submission, mostly for SEO optimization purposes. Any changes I make to your writing will be sent back to you for approval before I publish.
How To Be Considered as a Guest Author?
Anyone with a story to tell and a perspective to share is welcomed to submit a post for consideration by using the form below. You may also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Regardless of if you choose to email me first or submit your content below without emailing me, understand that this is just the beginning of a conversation. I will respond to your email or submission within 72 hours. I look forward to speaking with you soon!